2007-05-17

While Driving

For Christmas, Jennifer bought me a subscription to Simply Audio Books which has positively changed my commute. Now, instead of dreading a dreary drive I generally look forward to catching up on my latest edition of whatever I left dangling. I'm alternaing between fact (Getting Things Done, The Universe in a Nutshell) and fiction (Star Wars radio play, etc.). I've gotten positively hooked on Stephen King's 'Dark Tower' series, more on that another day. I only get 2 sets of CD's at a time, so I'm sometimes out of CD's for a little while. To pass the vacant air, I'm burning CD's of podcasts of the professional development variety. My favourite being HanselMinutes. Jennifer told me one night: "I was driving in your car and thinking to myself, 'CBC really sucks tonight', then I realized I was listening to one of Peter's geek CD's'.

Sigh. At least she wasn't listening to the one where Scott stumble into someone's office at Microsoft and during their convesation exclaims "ObjectDataSource? That was you? Yaaaaa I love ObjectDataSource".

And people call me a geek.

No comments: